September 1, 2010

Drapes Finished

Just finished these curtains/drapes for my friend Carrie.  They will be in her little girl's room who she is expecting to hear about in less than a month!  

 

She is adopting from China so she is on schedule to get her referral of her baby girl very soon.  I am on pins and needles praying for her to see a picture of her new daughter in this next group.  She has waited nearly 5 years!


These curtains were a special type of tab top that copies ones she had in her son's room.  I think they turned out very nice, tailored, and hope they work to counter all that pink that will fill the room.  The tab style is hidden, yet makes a nice faux pleat when put on the curtain rod.


I was very pleased with the results, and hope she is too.  It's always nerve wracking making something for another but usually my quality and standards are higher than when I make something for our own home!  These were lined with a made-from-bamboo fabric which had such a nice crisp, cool feel, like sheets that had been washed hundreds of times and stood up to the wear.

Onto the next project!  I would love to make some curtains this style for a few of our rooms, but I need to figure out paint and color scheme first!  I am also assembling a 100 good wishes quilt for Carrie for her daughter, once we decide on the design, size, and border fabric.  Can't wait to start on that too.  Hurray for finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - please!