December 1, 2010

Red Thread

This is what I've been working on over the Thanksgiving Weekend.  My friend Carrie is in China now picking up her little girl!  This quilt is her 100 good wishes quilt, where those close to her send in fabric squares and they are sewn together to welcome the baby and to have as a keepsake.

As I started the red border this afternoon, it reminded me of the symbolism "the red thread" has that ties adoptive parents together with their child's birth country, China.


It's coming together quite nicely and I hope to have it done by the time she returns, which is soon - yikes!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! You are such a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - it looks awesome! I am so excited, but do not overdo it - you have a lot going on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - please!