April 17, 2011

Master Bath - Before and After

I rounded up some before pictures of the master bath so you can get a good feel for the previous dated look.  It was clean but needed updated.  That wallpaper!


They even had wallpaper in the shower area.


The nice blue toilet is on it's way out.  But it's still solid so it will probably stay until after we replace the green one in the kids' bathroom.  Have to prioritize these things and the green is much worse.


Here you can see the small medicine cabinet.  Tiny!  That's the steamer in the sink.  It took down soooooo much wallpaper throughout our house and was a lifesaver!  Each wallpaper area was different and had it's own set of challenges during and after removal.  I will show the rest as we redo those areas.  But we borrowed the steamer from our wonderful friends/neighbors and when I started using it, I had this, "why didn't anyone tell me?!" moments.  It was so much easier than spraying and scraping.

Now for the after!!!  Try to ignore my picture in the mirror - I told you it's the first time I had seen the lower half of my body in over a year and it's taking some getting used to.  At least I'm dressed in the picture.  Supposedly there's this story of a man who took a picture of his shiny metal teapot and sold it on eBay.  Well, he was naked while taking the pic and you guessed it - his reflection was shiny and clear.  Hello!


The mirror came from Goodwill and was the back of a vanity or dresser.  I painted it a light gray and we turned it on it's side and put some hooks in it.  It fit perfectly.  The lights work great above it too and the little pictures are of French city streets (also from Goodwill) and have the perfect blue in the frame.  A great find for my thrifting adventures.


So there you have it.  This was so much work, and it was just a little room.  But we will get through each area of the house and rework it to how we like it.  Light and breezy and clean and fresh.  That's the motto.  Oh, and inexpensive too.

1 comment:

  1. Such a difference just having the wallpaper down, don't notice the blue toilet now. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - please!