October 24, 2007

The Hospital Really is Like the Airport

And the room is like an airplane. You're contained and the sleeping is not great. James and I stayed last night and he awoke early this morning saying, "'Morning mom!". He's loving all the attention.

We really aren't supposed to use cell phones but they said they would be lenient. Lee will be coming again tonight after work with more supplies for us. We do think we'll be staying another night (Wed. night). They are giving him IV antibiotics every 6 hours. We have had many visits from doctors, including one from his pediatrician's office already this morning. I really feel like he is in the best care.

His pediatrician made a surprise visit last night, as they moved us from the Pediatric Emergency to the 6th floor where we are now. He's always lively and SO good with James. We are very fortunate.

James is not acting any different - still bouncing around this morning, jumping on his bed, talking potty talk, and spilling his hot chocolate.

He is enjoying all the attention still and thinks it's great to have breakfast in bed.

If you live close by and you'd like to visit, I know James would LOVE to have visitors! We are on the 6th floor of the children's ward at Hopkins. One of the numbers I have for the "unit" is 410-955-5250.

It's all an adventure but luckily he is acting normal and feeling relatively good. Although it doesn't make me want to take any long airline flights anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am so appreciative of this blog. James means so much to all of us so it is nice to stay up-to-date on the happenings. I would love to visit tonight, but don't think I could make it over til around 7:30 so I'll be sure to call first.
    You are in my thoughts.
    Thanks so much for the updates!
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - please!