August 25, 2008

First Day of School

James' first day of school today went well. Well despite me shedding some tears the minute I walked back into our house. I was scared of the teacher. She came across meaner than mean. She even told one parents whose child was crying that they better toughen up. Talk about harsh.

But I should of known that James would like it. He thrives on this strict consistent environment, as long as there is something new to learn and grab hold of. He came home singing a new Spanish song, saying in Spanish "my name is Landon", and telling me of how he met lots of new friends of different colors. He really liked one boy with no hair, and the tall skinny teacher who was dark-skinned, even darker than his baby sister. He had nap time where he rested a bit, they read a book, and he liked his egg salad sandwich of which he was surprised when he realized afterwards that I'm the one who made and packed that for him.

I think it's going to be a good year, and I wonder if he'll be reading before long. The teacher drives a hard ship (or whatever those sayings are) and he will probably thrive under it. Secretly, I didn't like her but I won't let him know that.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to hear about his school on Wednesday on our walk. : )

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment - please!