July 1, 2010

Car Wash

Last week was so so hot outside, our first full week of summer vacation.  So I set up a car wash for the kids outside. 


A bucket of soapy water, sponges, wash clothes, brushes, spray bottles, towels, and rinse bowls were laid out on their new picnic table and the kids went to town washing their metal cars. 




L spent about 15 minutes of full interest on it and the rest of the time dousing E with water, then kicking over the soapy water for fun.  E spent about 1 1/2 hours just soaking the sponge and squeezing it out.  That sums up the difference in our two kids.  Yep, so true.


Thanks to my sister Ann for suggesting the idea!



Earlier in the week I pulled the van out and had L and a friend help me wash the real car.  But half way through L started singing, "It's a hard knock life.... for us...." and begging his friend to tell his mom that he wanted to wash the car and that we weren't forcing him to.  Then I felt a little guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - please!