March 17, 2009

Once a Month Cooking


Sunday was quite a day. I went to the grocery store for about 2 hours, coupons in hand. I didn't know it but my store was doubling up to $1. Nice surprise. I saved 17% of my grocery bill just by the coupons I had from things on my list.

Anyhow, I was shopping specifically from a list to make meals for the entire month. There is this fabulous site, Once a Month Mom, that plans the menus, give you a grocery list, and instructions for the day. I had such a good time cooking all the recipes for that day. I was up until nearly 1am cooking and then cleaning.

Here's what I made:

Breakfasts:
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Orange Spice Muffins
- Farmer's Casserole

Lunches:
- Pizza Roll-Ups
- Baked Chicken Fingers

Dinners:
- Shepherd's Pie
- Mexican "Un"stuffed Shells
- Mandarin Orange Chicken

I have a couple more to make - 2 salmon and 1 shrimp recipe - but I ran out of room in the freezer!



On Monday, when Lee came home, he was in a great mood. I think it's because there was so much food in the house, all ready to eat. Plus, I had corn chowder in the slow cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - please!