January 17, 2011

Our Resident Fox

The neighbor feeds the foxes (fox?) so we have at least one that makes a loop around our house up to theirs and then back down through our front yard.  We've seen it at least 3 times now and always get excited.  It is really fast and skittish so it doesn't usually stop long enough to get a good look at it.


Until today.  This time the fox stopped to have some bird food from our feeder that had fallen.  Apparently we are feeding the foxes as well, and deer I'm sure.


The fox had a hurt front leg with visible blood showing.  I ached for it, wishing he/she could just get it bandaged up, but I guess that is life in the wild.  Landon though a coyote maybe got to him.  I'm not sure but I hope he gets better.  I'm soft like that.

Etame doesn't quite understand what all the fuss is about.  She hears us excitedly yelling, "fox!  fox!" and she says quietly, "that sneaky fox will try to swipe anything." (a Dora reference for all you non-toddler moms).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment - please!